Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I love Pancakes...

There are very few fonts that I absolutely LOVE. And the ones that I do love you can see all over my designs (Helvetica, Garamond, Bebas, etc.). My typography teacher used to say a good designer should be able to work his entire life using the same 5 fonts... emphasis on good. He was also from the times where there were very few fonts out there in the world, and to create a new font took years of hand drawing and perfecting. Unlike now where fonts are everywhere, and anyone can "design" them using software. A lot of the new ones don't even have all the characters...those you know you shouldn't use since they probably took 2 days to create. Moving on to the reason for this post. There is a font that came out a bit ago by a woman named Jessica Hische that I am sooooo very much INLOVE with. Its called Buttermilk. It has such a beautiful vintage christmas feel to it with a mix of feminine and a dash of modern. I don't own it yet, but if I sell a few invitations I will! haha! Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment