Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I would like to thank the academy...

Every day Etsy picks a few treasuries to feature on their front page. Its amazing exposure if your item is on that treasury, and also somewhat if you were the one who created it. I don't create many treasuries because A- its a bit of a tedious thing to to, and B- i never really found the point since the ones I always created only got a few views. But the other day, as I added more over priced things from Crate and Barrel to our wedding registry I was thinking... wouldn't it be awesome if Etsy had a wedding registry. The idea of being able to register for one of a kind, handmade, and beautiful vintage items made my shopaholic self aflutter and unable to focus on what spatula to register for. So I went onto Etsy and searched through all of my favorites, all of those items that I day dream about one day purchasing for our home. And I made a treasury named "If Etsy had a wedding registry", I thought it was so pretty and I was actually proud of my little treasury. It got a few views and nods of approval the first day. I was happy just to be nominated, haha! But never would I have thought in my wildest dreams that it would make it to the front page!!!!! Whatttttt?!?!? Here it is in all its glory, and yes I printed this and stuck it on my wall...tadaaaaaaa!!!!


You can see the treasury here...

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Congratulations!!!!! That's quite an achievement. You must be on cloud 9! It really is a lovely treasury and such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your treasury and was glad to see it was picked! Such a cool idea that Etsy should use ... can you imagine the registry?? Nice idea.

    ReplyDelete