Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away...

I try and create new invitation designs every day... emphasis on try. Some are more my style than others, by my style I mean something I would use for my actual wedding. The other day, for some weird reason unbeknownst to me (please pause for the fact that I am amazed I just used the word unbeknownst) I had the Frank Sinatra song "Come fly with me" in my mind. It kept playing like a broken record. And I sat in front of my computer and brainstormed... and brainstormed... read some TMZ... and brainstormed... and then! Aha! A GE energy efficient light bulb went off in my brain... or is it on? I wanted to design something not just pretty, but that it made you think of that song. Something a bride wearing a tea-length dress with yellow heels just had to have to announce her wedding. A wedding with a multi-colored candy buffet, yellow and sorbet orange macaroons, and a cupcake tower. Can you tell Im hungry?

So here is the design I came up with, and I am inloooovvveee with it. It makes me happy. And hopefully it will be chosen my a lovely couple that will love them as much as I do. My designs are my children, and even though all parents say they love all their kids equally...Im looking at you mom... some are just special.





No comments:

Post a Comment