Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thanks Mom...

A few weeks ago I read this quote on a different blog "As parents, we have two jobs ::: To give our children roots; and to give them wings." It made me think instantly of my mom. My mom is amazing, and even though I don't say it enough, I am so proud and honored to have her as my mom. My mom and I are like magnets, depends on how you get them together we can either push away or connect. But I know she will always be there, even when I push away.


My entire life all my mom wanted was for us to do what we loved. It didn't matter what it was, as long as we were happy doing it she didn't care. If my mom had it her way I would have been an artist/dancer/pianist/theater actor/gypsy... I chose graphic design. My mom never had a mom like her, maybe that's why she was like that, she was living through us. She never had someone that wanted to give her wings. Someone that wanted to see her succeed and be happy at what she did. Someone that was proud of whatever she did, no matter if she was perfect or not. So for mothers day I wanted to say, thank you mom.


Thank you for giving me the wings you never had, wings to do what I love, to follow my heart, and to dream. 


This is my mom at 16...

2 comments:

  1. Your mom here...loving your beautiful words...and loving you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!! Waoh...There is no other way to express these beautiful thoughts of this truth of life.

    Paa

    ReplyDelete